Saturday 31 December 2011

Snowball cake pops





















As promised, here is the second part of my New Year's Eve recipe.
Over the past few years, I have been on a nostalgia trip during the Christmas period, by indulging myself with snowballs. I mean the drink not the real ones. It is a mixture of Advocaat, lime, lemonade and a cocktail cherry, and is like an alcoholic cream soda....delicious! So as a little treat I decided to make my favourite drink into a confection.
You will need the cake recipe from yesterday. Fortunately for today I have lost the rabbit!

Slice off any brown bits from the sheet cake. Crumble it into a bowl.

Pour in about three tablespoons of advocaat and squidge the mixture together with your fingers.

Measure out 30g of the mixture and roll into a ball between your hands. For some balls measure out 25g and flatten the ball, then place a cocktail cherry in the middle.

Then squidge (this is a very squidgy recipe!) the cake around the cherry and roll into a ball.

Take 400g of good quality dark chocolate and melt. Add a teaspoon of Trex. Dip the cake balls into the melted chocolate and swirl until covered.

Let the excess chocolate drip off and place the balls on baking paper to dry. I sprinkled these with gold lustre dust. 
Enjoy your New Year celebrations and I hope 2012 is happy and full of cake! 
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment