Friday 21 January 2011

HAPPY BIG BIRTHDAY ME!


Yes the day has been and gone, I am no longer the Birthday Queen (boo).  Although I still have few celebrations in the pipeline.  Mostly though, I am feeling exhausted from a huge lunch yesterday.  It was a buffet style meal in a very exclusive hotel (Mr LD though it was a bit footballers wives) and I wanted to try everything.  So today I am on a soup and chocolate diet!

Anyway I decided to take some time to review my life so far, and so far so good.  I have lived a very blessed life and I don't know why, I'm not especially good or talented, I'd put myself down as more of a plodder!  
My parents are and have always been amazing, loving and very supportive.  They never pushed me to do anything I didn't want to do and were happy as long as I had tried my best.  They have definitely instilled in me a love for creating and cooking and baking and gardening and making!  They are fun, and I know that even now would help me with anything I need.  
I have a lovely brother, sister-in-laws, in-laws and nieces.  We are all easy going and enjoy spending time together.
Then, of course, there is the fabulous Mr Lemon Drizzle, he makes me laugh, alot.  And more importantly he thinks I'm hilarious!  He is kind and thoughtful (incredibly handsome!)  I am very lucky to have found him, as he likes to remind me.  We have our gorgeous kidlets who bring so much laughter into our house, there is nothing better than a six year old giggling uncontrollably!
And I also have some really lovely friends who I know I can rely upon in a crisis, or for a great night out.  
I live in a gorgeous town, in a lovely house.  Really the only thing I am lacking is some more sun and a cake empire, but I'm working on that!
Finally a big thankyou to my lovely blog followers.  You really cheer me up with your lovely comments, and inspire me onto better things.
Gosh that reads like an Oscar speech!  
(Drips tears onto the keyboard, imagines cheering.)
Enough of all this and onto the most important thing, the cake!


I have devised a gorgeous decadent chocolate cupcake for you.  It was inspired by a chocolate tart Heston Blumenthal made for Christmas.  I have to admit the popping candy didn't pop after it had been put into the chocolate but still gave a nice crunch.  You could use chopped nuts instead!  But for a really special occasion you must have the gold leaf!
I hope you enjoy!










All I can say is YUM!

ps. see here for last years birthday cakes.

18 comments:

  1. WOW! These are what I call "over the top" cupcakes! They sound so delicious and look beautiful for your special birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY and continue on with the celebration! Sounds like you have much to be grateful for:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is wonderful Nini.. although it doesn't always allow me to leave comments, I always read it..I WILL have a try at these cup-cakes and I WILL try not to eat all the dark chocolate before it has actually had a chance to become part of the cake :-)
    ps you were a really good friend to me and I will always remember it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday (late ) I love your work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! these look so yummy, and I like your pictures!!!!
    I am also a new fan of "Mr Lemon Drizzle" too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello and Happy (belated) Birthday!
    I can't remember how I ended up on your blog, but I'm very happy I did :)
    These chocolate cupcakes are fantastic, I'll certainly give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! It sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for. :) Those cupcakes look so delicious!!!! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wondered yesterday what kind of cake you might have for your birthday and now I know, oh my! you don't disappoint do you? they look sensational!!
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post! and those cakes look amazing! Hope you have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday :))) i love those cupcakes :))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, now this is fit for a royalty!!
    Love the post.
    Happy Birthday Natasha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Natasha! I love your work....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heard about those fantastic cupcakes from your mates blog, oh they are even better than I imagined! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And the Oscar goes to Natasha .... for truly delicious scrummy cakes and such a creatively presented recipe. Will definitely try those.
    Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday to you!!!
    Your cupcakes look absolutely amazing. If you don't mind, I would love to try this out. Amazing : D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankyou for all your lovely comments. I had a fabulous day and there's a party to come later on in the year.
    Please do try out the recipe and let me know how you get on.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for following my blog. I love yours, it makes me want to cook something delicious! :) Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Guaaau! Monsters want to try!

    ReplyDelete