Monday 23 April 2012

Painted baby shower cake


This cake was ordered by a friend for her sister's baby shower, as she is a good friend and trusts me, she left me to my own devices to come up with a design. Yeah!
Their refreshments at the party were mimosa cocktails, so I decide to paint a mimosa border. This is a great flower that lends itself to a more structured design. (I have taken some step-by-step photos as I went along and should have a tutorial out soon.)


When I was starting out I made a baby shower cake for a friend (see above) with a bird on a nest. I love this image for a baby shower cake, but for this new design I wanted a painted image, and more vintage.


It was gooseberry and elderflower flavoured cake which apparently went really well with the cocktails.
I loved this cake and it made me happy all weekend. I hope your weekend was just as sweet!


xxx




3 comments:

  1. I love this cake! Such a beautiful design

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting is so delicate and gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so curious about the tutorial! An absolutely beautiful cake!

    ReplyDelete