Monday 16 April 2012

Cake for favours!

No!..before you phone the newspapers, this is not another scandal about politicians.
It is just me, handing out cake for favours.
I have a very good friend who is a beautician. We have come to a great arrangement where by she treats me to a full body wax every few weeks (ouch!) and in return I make her family birthday cakes.
It was one of her young sons birthday recently and he requested a Star wars Lego cake. I don't normally make character cakes but as I wasn't being paid I did, and naturally being obsessed by metallics at the moment I got out my spray can.


















My friend and her husband were also celebrating their tenth anniversary, with a few nights away. She didn't want a cake, so I suggested his and hers cookies to lay on the pillows. I went for a vintage/distressed Marie Antoinette look.
































xxx

2 comments: