Thursday 5 April 2012

Easter Wreath Tutorial


I wanted a quick craft project to make with the kidlets that would fill up five minutes or so. You may remember the Christmas wreath tutorial which was very successful (if I say so myself.) So I decide we would do an Easter version.
With this project the best way to proceed is to throw as much glue gun glue as you possibly can at it. Although don't let the kids go near the hot glue as I constantly suffer third degree burns when I get mine out! I took the kidlets to a craft shop and let them go mad with fluffy chick purchase. They chose some fabric and made strips to wrap around the polystyrene wreaths. This was really simple and quick, even for the little one. They then placed on the chicks - oh soooo fluffy - and I glued them down. I then went on to make a couple of my own. Do not under any circumstances get the kids to make the yarn wreaths, it takes forever!










I really enjoyed our crafty afternoon, although I still bear the scars, and am considering changing my career from cakes to wreaths!

xxx


3 comments:

  1. They are so cute! You should be proud of them :o) I can't believe you have the patience for the yarn wreath....
    I'm definitely going to have to give this a go x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its very nice all that you do. congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Great idea...love the touch of knitting!

    ReplyDelete