Tuesday 24 July 2012

Underwater party invitations


Although this party isn't happening until September, we had to get the invitations out before the Summer holidays to guarantee any guests. 
An underwater theme was this year's request, so expect mermaids, seaweed and dolphins. (I am trying to persuade the littlest kidlet to let me make a cake that isn't full of Octonauts figures, but it's a losing battle!)
 I have been wanting to make something with these little plastic fish for ages now. I got mine from a Japanese supermarket in London but I'm sure you could find them on the internet somewhere, because you can find everything there...I love it!

You can find the instructions below.









 (I ended up reprinting the actual invitation part and spacing it over three lines to make the scroll smaller.)

































Big kidlet insisted on decorating each envelope which took a week!
More on the party in September.
xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Those invitations are great! The fish is adorable and I bet the kids receiving them will love them. (BTW, maybe they could be found on a Bento lunch supplies site?)
    Mine are all in their twenties but I remember how much fun it was to plan birthday parties. The best one (IMHO) was an Outer-Space party for my oldest son (now 29--time flies!). I bet your Under the Sea party will be a smash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I'm loving these fishy thingys...but everything is a bit fishy as we used to say in you know where!

    ReplyDelete