Friday 6 July 2012

The Games


The Berkhamsted Games, yesterday, were an amazing event and something I'm sure the kidlets will always remember. Especially, as the littlest one walked away with a silver medal, for the standing long jump.
Now, I am about to share some pictures of the day with you, do you think I resisted the urge to tilt shift? Of course not (see immediately below!)















I arrived early to set up my cake, all was fairly peaceful.
















Then the ten schools taking part began to arrive, each school had a different coloured t-shirt.

Once all the children were settled the opening ceremony began. They all sang the Olympic song. (I wiped away the tears from my eyes, I'm so soft!)

Then we had a parade of the nations.

Followed by all the local head teachers and the Olympic torch.

There was a very exciting torch lighting ceremony!

(warning imminent tilt shifting!)

The children then were placed in a holding area while the games began.

There was a very exciting tug of war match that almost ended in deadlock!



When all the events were over there was a closing ceremony including a balloon release. (Again with the tears)

A massive thankyou to everyone who helped organize the day. It was a rip roaring success!

(I know, excessive pictures of the balloons, but don't they look magical?)
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Great blog post of a great day. I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed it. (can I nick the pic of my son please)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Of course take the picture. Which one is he I can send yout the high res version if you email me. xxx

      Delete
  2. Fantastic and well done Berkhampstead for making the occasion a wonderful one. Love the balloon pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely day...you know that I would have been crying too don't you?!!!

    ReplyDelete