Tuesday 27 July 2010

STEALING CANDY PARTY



Another post that should have been written weeks ago.
I had the pleasure of hosting a Stealing Candy Party for some friends.  I love having parties mostly because I love party food.
As most people were coming after tea I didn't want to overface them so as well as crisps I made my fail safe aubergine dip, from Nigella's Feast

 It's always a winner!  
 I serve it with strips of warm pitta bread.  Mmmm!

Of course I didn't want to hold back on the sweet treats!
As it was the last week of pre-school for tiny kidlet (hold back tears) and I had my parents visiting I thought I could make loads of cakes and biscuits to distrubute.

 I made vanilla macarons with chocolate ganache. 

Lime and coconut macarons, I know, look at me whipping out macarons like some kind of french pattiserie chef (see here for macaron dispair).

 Chocolate whoopie pies with vanilla filling. 
I heard so much about whoopie pies being the new cupcakes that I was determined to have a go.  They are so easy to make and absolutely delicious, if you've never tried, go on...try...you won't regret it!

 Another classic favourite, lemon and poppy seed thins from a Martha Cookie special.

I also purchased some lovely Stealing Candy goodies, some of which are presents so I can't show them here.  But I did treat myself to this gorgeous containers which have been used every day since!

I wanted to get some of these lovely bowls as well but totally forgot with so much going on. 
 So it was a nice surprise when my Toddler Group gave me a set as a leaving present. 
I have been running it for a year and now will be taking a back seat when tiny kidlet starts big school (sobs).
We hastely packaged up most of the remaining treats (saving some for the parents) and I dispatched them with the kidlet to pre-school where they went down like...well cake!

(I would have like to have printed out a nice label but no time.)

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time even before the party! great job on the macs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your macarons look lovely...and i love your storage containers they are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohh yum, so what is the secret, how did you get them to look so good this time? macarons that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wish your children came to our school what lucky staff!

    So glad you have overcome the disasters in the macaroon kitchen. But I must admit that I don't know what they are suppose to taste like, never eaten one. hahaha

    Love the look of those lemon and poppy seed cookies though - slurp!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all look so yummy! Especially those cute macaroons!

    You won my giveaway, congratulations! Please pop me an e-mail so I can send you your gift voucher

    Have a sweet day@

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woh amzing recipes and pics! Love the dips and pittas...maybe dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The macarons are soooooo gorgeous!
    And I love the little birdie bowls.

    ReplyDelete