Monday 26 April 2010

MACARONS!!!!!!

Grrrrr... you're a tiger....you're a fighter....you're a winner!!!
This is my inner voice as I attempt another batch of macarons (see here for my macaron history).  I've returned to Nigella's recipe, but I aged my egg whites and then let the macarons form a skin.
I would give them a seven out of ten, but I was very excited as that is my best score so far!


My Mother-in-Law was visiting for the day so I took the opportunity to try my hand at a new dessert, zabaglione.
  I also impressed myself with how this turned out.  Oooh look at me all pleased with myself!


But the macaron war is not yet over until I can achieve shape, texture and glossy shine as well, no I'm not talking about my hair.
Go on tiger!


7 comments:

  1. They look fantastic!!I have never even attempted them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it and you know that you can so go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone can - you can! Go! :)
    I always wanted to try making macaroons (I saved the following link back in 2007) but I heard so many horror stories, I'm almost scared to start my first attempt. :)

    Have you seen/tried this?

    http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2007/10/how-to-make-macarons-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done! we knew you could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh, they look delicious! Well done, we all knew you could conquer this! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my house these are know as pacamoons as Grace has never been able to say macaroons and I have never been able to make the beautiful french variety but yours look great! And am a big fan of zabaglione yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fact that you are persevering with these cakes/biscuits. I must admit to have never even tasted one before *hangs head in shame*

    You keep at it! :)

    ReplyDelete