Thursday 4 March 2010

WORLD BOOK DAY

Yes it's that time of year again when we frantically search through the kidlet's books to find a character wearing something similar to clothes they already have!
Life is hard as a parent no sooner have we had Europe day ( wear a national costume) or come as a doctor or nurse day when World Book Day has come around again.  Sometimes I feel as if I am the one at school the amount of homework I have to do.
Fortunately Kidlet1 wanted to go as the character in her favourite book who wears pjamas throughout the story, easy!  
I was impressed by some of the costumes as we entered school, there had obviously been alot of sewing and glueing on of tin foil last night.
A few days ago while discussing todays events I remembered that last year I had made cookies for my child's class so thought I should do that again and win some Mummy points.
Here then are this years cookies. I used five different books. Do you know what they are?
Have a guess.  I would have got only four a few months ago!


 Don't peek now but the answers are at the bottom.

Some of the toys wanted to be involved in the photoshoot!  Don't they look erudite?

Here are some clues as to the books I used. See how many you know.
 This is a childrens classic and I much prefer the original illustrations to the Disney version.


This is my Kidlets favourite book and you may have some difficulty naming this one.

Another classic that is about to have a modern makeover!


A modern book that youngest kidlet insisted on because she likes to go "RAAAAH!"


Last but by no means least a contemperary classic that also has had a Hollywood makeover.
Did you guess right or did you have to ask a younger reader for help?


I hope you enjoyed my edition to book day.
What is your favourite book from your childhood and what do your children insist that you read every night?

Mine is either Masquerade or Mrs Tiggywinkle.


And if you are still curioser and curiouser here are the answers;
2. Tatty-Ratty by Helen Cooper.  Have a look here to read about the adventures of our own Tatty-Ratty.
3. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll 
4. Harry and his Bucket full of Dinosaurs by Ian Whybrow and Adrian Reynolds 
5. Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl with illustrations by the amazing Quentin Blake


Happy reading!

24 comments:

  1. adorable! amazing cookies, you certainly get many mummy points for these! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! those are COOKIES??! wow! they are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I hope that noone thinks that they are going to just chomp their way through these! Frame them I say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cookies - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are super talented!!! I just love these! Do you use diluted food colouring? Very impressive:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cookies are amazing!! They look like printed on and not painted on! You are super talented! I love each and every one of them! I've always admire your talent..the previous cakes/cookies i saw on flickr you painted were also fantastic! You're such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear- I only got two! However I don't have children yet so I've decided that's my excuse! The cookies are great- really good fun.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous, your kids are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them! but would want to frame it and keep it! hard to pick a favourite but the fox rocks! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are the sweetest things i have ever seen! too lovely to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you hear me applauding:)? Bravo.. adorable and exquisitely ..tastefully..artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I just say that every time I look at one of your posts I have a big smile on my face, just taking in the beauty of it all. Love the cookies. Can't wait for the next treasure you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. my goodness, what do you use to paint them? they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cookies are amazing, i could only name 3 :) have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog after being featured on cakewrecks, and all I can say is...WOW. I'm so impressed with your artwork and these gorgeous cakes you're creating with abandon. I wish very much you could do one for my son's birthday, but I'm in the US, so I can't imagine that'll ever happen. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just saw your photo on cakewrecks. I am so in awe of your beautiful work. I can't believe the incredible detail you were able to accomplish on this cake. It is awesome. I love your blog too. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cookies look amazing and I bet the kids loved them. My favourite books from childhood were the Maisie stories, the adventures of a wee Scottish kitten. I still collect them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paul sent me. Lovely. I don't plan to be back. Nothing personal. I just miss posts about aberrant bathroom habits. You understand, I'm certain.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You made those cookies!? They're absolutely remarkable. Very very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are amazing - you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete