Sunday 22 November 2009

A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE COTTAGE





Finally! I have finished my bird house.
This is gingerbread covered in fondant, it is my third, and each time I make a new one I discover new tricks to make it better.   I seem to have become obsessed with sugar and gingerbread birds, and they have become one of my recurring motives in my work.
Bumbling around flickr and other blogs looking for inspiration is so enjoyable and I can sometimes spend so much time being inspired that I don't get down to actual being creative myself!  But I hope that you will be inspired by this post to do something gingerbready.  Please leave a link if you have made a gingerbread house, I'd love to see it!
If you live in or near Hertforshire and would like to order a Christmas gingerbread house please e-mail for prices and more details.

6 comments:

  1. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen - you are so talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks amber jane, I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your work for a while on flickr and it's great to see you have started a blog. Your work is truly inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how cute is that! LOVE it.
    i will be checking out your flickr pics too....
    read your blog profile and it sounds like we have some things in common. *wink*

    thanks for the comment on my blog. very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I just found you through another blog (EpiCute) and think your decoration work is fantastic on all these things, from the house to the gingerbread men to the painted cakes and other cookies... I'm just getting into decorating and learning on my own. Would you be able to tell me what you use to draw/paint on your confections? Maybe an item and brand? That would be so crazy helpful. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came across this...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete