Friday 20 September 2013

Floral wedding cake











































Last weekend was something of a blur as I was demonstrating at the Cake and Bake Show in London, I also had a dessert table on display and two wedding cakes as part of Squires Kitchen Wedding Cake of the Future exhibition. As if this wasn't enough I had a hen party to attend and a wedding cake to deliver.
This is the wedding cake, it was ordered by the very sweet groom, who I discovered pacing the hotel lobby when I delivered the cake. We had never met, discussing the design over emails and the phone. He asked for the design to match in style the bridesmaids dresses, which were made from a quite expressionistic fabric.



 I really enjoyed creating this design as it was a little bit different to what I would normally paint, it was very bright and fresh and the groom seemed thrilled.
xxx

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful - your creations just get better every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little love birds on the top!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed a very stunning cake - I would have loved to have seen the bridesmaid dresses too. :)

    ReplyDelete