Friday 22 October 2010

APPLE PIE CUPCAKES


Well, this is the last celebration birthday post and I really knew I had to do a recipe.  I was hoping to do a couple but the kidlets have both had viruses and been off school so I'm afraid it's only one. Pumpkin muffins are on the back burner.
Anyway I decided to go for something seasonal and these gorgeous moist cupcakes would work really well as a dessert served warm.

150g butter
100g caster sugar
50g soft brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
150g SR flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 baking apple - peeled, cored, cooked and pureed
1/2 baking apple - peeled, cored and chopped into small cubes
Pre-heat the oven to 200 or 175 fan.
Cream together the sugars and butter, then  add the eggs and vanilla. Sift over the flour and cinnamon and fold in. Fold in both the apple puree and chopped apple. Spoon the batter in a 12 portion cupcake tray and bake for 12 -15 mins. 
Roll out the pastry and cut out shapes.  I also cut a thin slice of eating apple cut a shape out of this and pressed it into the pastry before it was cooked.  Place on a baking tray brush with cream and sprinkle on sugar.  Bake for 5-15 mins depending on the size of your shape.
Serve warm with whipped cream and pastry.


Mmmmmmm!


Thanks again for all your lovely comments and support this week.
And a big thankyou to all my fabulous guest bloggers. 
You only  have a few days left to enter the giveaway!


9 comments:

  1. ~oh gosh...this is such a sweet post...i can smell the apples lingering in the air...a perfect way to celebrate ones day! l♥ve it..warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes please, they would go great with my coffee.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added my name to your "Followers" list the other day. And this post makes me smile because my grandmother always made me an apple pie for my birthday. She would have my family over for our usual Sunday dinner with her and my grandfather, but it would be made of my favorite foods since I was the birthday kid, and for dessert, there would be apple pie--and then a tiny apple pie of my very own to take home. :) Apple pie cupcakes are something I'd have loved to have given her in return. What a sweet idea--and so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute, Natasha. And they sound delicious!
    Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I love the top picture sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lovely lovely post! and the cakes look delice too! shall try the recipe as I have a few apples hangung around!!

    ReplyDelete